Jump To: Kids Day, Feline Follies, Twilight Tours
Twilight Tours - April 30, June 25, September 17 2016
Special evening open houses called "Twilight Tours" are held three times a year (spring, summer, and fall). These are always held on Saturday evenings. The only time the compound is open in the evening, the cats are much more active, and we give them all enrichment items. Also, visitors can wander around parts of the compound that are not open to visitors during the day. This is because Twilight Tours are restricted to adults only (18 and over). There is an admission fee of $20 per person. Our cat's "adoptive parents" are invited to attend the Summer tour as our special guests.
We do not offer online tickets sales currently (processing fees!), please call 661.256.3793 between 10 am and 4 pm (except Wednesdays) to prepay over the phone. You can pay at the door but that is cash only, and we will let prepaid people enter first.
Doors open no later than 5 pm until it's dark out. There is a bake sale sponsored by FCC's American Association of Zookeepers (AAZK) chapter, a raffle, a barbeque by the Rotary club, and other surprises - goldfish in the fishing cat ponds, watermelons for the jaguars - there's something different every time, and of course lots of beautiful cats to see, hear, and photograph. Call (661) 256-3793, 10 am-4 pm except Wednesdays.
- 2015: LaZarre Wines tasting, LaZarre Wines donated $700, Jaguar with huge watermelon, Jaguar with huge watermelon, Raffle, Raffle, Tiga the tiger, Tiga getting a treat, Raffle, Serval fishing, Jaguar with watermelon, Restroom with peacock,
- 2014: Raffle, Cleanup
- Spring 2013 phone book destruction contest: Tran, Ran, KimLee, LiMing, Yanna, Kiana
- More 2013: Obi fishing, Poncho, Tiga, raffle, bake sale, Katmandu
- 2012: Jaguar cubs
- Summer 2011: Video of cats with toys, Yanna in a box, Rosa in a box, Doc in the water
- Spring 2011: Volunteer Trey at Project Tiger, Volunteer Eric talking to visitors, Handing out enrichments,Jaguar Poncho with his toys, Caracal Kalaj got a grass flat, Raffle
- Fall 2010: Roby leopard with his toys, Bake sale, Happy raffle winner, Katmandu tiger, Zach snow leopard, Ted clouded leopard
- Spring 2010: Jaguars, Serval, Tiger, Guests, Rotary
- Fall 2009: over 660 guests and $15000 raised!, video - Jaguar mom & cub, raffle, volunteers relax at Diamond Jim's after the event
- Spring 2009: guests watch Nacon play with a watermelon, Doc the jaguar
- Leopards & jaguars at a Twilight Tour YouTube video
- Summer 07: JunJie the leopard cub is the highlight
- Spring 2007: everyone is eager to win a raffle prize, longtime supporter Trudy wins!, Tran plays with his box, KimLee with her phone book remnants - lots of work for the Sunday crew!
- Spr 06: a few lucky guests get their photos taken with leopard cubs!
- Spring 2004: raffle drawing, Kiowa lynx, Teshi serval, Trapper lynx, Trapper movie, Caesar kills a box movie, Rustin margay movie
- Spring 2002: raffle drawing, Thanks to Lancaster Rotary for the grill!
- 2001: raffle drawing, Up on the hill by Jasmine the tiger's enclosure, Sassy fishing video, Nicky fishing video, Caesar with a watermelon video
Fabulous Feline Follies - 13 August 2016
Our main fundraiser every year is the Fabulous Feline Follies dinner. More information at Follies.
Kids' Day - 15 October 2016
This is a day centered on fun and education. Educational live animal presentations combine with enrichment making to give people of all ages an interesting experience. Scavenger hunts, train rides to go see the tigers, and toys (from the enrichment making booth) are given to the felines to make it a truly special time to visit. Our aim is to have children leave feeling they are now part of a very unique preservation center and know they can be a part of the effort to help endangered species. They may even choose to return when they are 18 and assist us in our wild feline species preservation and conservation efforts.
Event hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; increased admission prices are $10/Adult and $7/Child, ages 0-12. Price includes most activities (and prizes to take home) but there is an additional charge for the train rides. Members do not receive free admission on this day. Children must be accompanied by an adult(s) - NO child drop-offs will be allowed.
More pictures at past events